At 12:00 midnight this morning, I danced a little dance and smiled a big smile. That's because at 12:00 midnight, June 1, 2011 turned into June 2, 2011. And do you know what that means?
Lemme tell you.
A year ago today I woke up early, put on my light blue skirt, brushed the teeth, washed the face, and put a brown headband in my hair [funny how I remember minute details like hairpieces on a special day, like June 2, 2010.] Mama and I got in th
e car, and I studied for my exams. Instead of taking the exit to get on the Ben Franklin to school, we took the exit to the Walt Whitman, the bridge that takes us to the airport.
Very few words were exchanged.
We pulled into the airport and parked.
Entering in the sliding doors at Delta, my Heart
beat faster and faster as I waited for him to arrive.
There he was.
Very few words were exchanged.
He smiled and looked at me. "Morning."
I smiled back. "Hi."
We walked.
Seconds later, we were on the escalator on the way to security.
Minutes later, he would be hugging his parents and sister goodbye.
Minutes later, he would be giving me a handshake
{best handshake of my life.}
"See you in two."
Smiles.
He walked through security until none of us could see him anymore. A sigh of content was let out and we all walked back to our cars.
In just a few hours, he would be wearing a nametag that would not only display his own name but the name of the One he would be representing for the next 2 years, JESUS CHRIST.
Words are now exchanged through heartfelt letters.
Letters come and go, memories continue to be made and the old ones remain, mistakes still happen, and there has been much learning.
this past year has DEFINITELY been one of the best out of the short 17 I've lived thus far.
Days would pass, and so would months until midnight of June 2, 2011 hit the clock
[one year]
later, and I danced a little dance and smiled a big smile.
happy one year, elder corbitt.
one down one to go. so proud of all of our missionaries out there! <3
ReplyDelete