Tuesday, December 1, 2009

for the love of tying the knot.

so i havent blogged in a while. and the last thing i should be doing at this moment is blogging.
yet here i am.
writing.
LJ and Kaylie finally tied the knot and although stressful and laborious work, I miss it. I miss the excitement that led up to the blessed event, the black tuxedos, the royal purple dresses, the curly hair, the exchanging of rings, and doing the stanky legg at both of the receptions. Aside from all the fabric, music, and creative minds put into this milestone, the best part of the whole weekend was watching my brother and new sister walk out of the temple doors. They were so happy. They are so happy. I love seeing people so happy.
Marriage is the climax of one's life. Parents spend their lives loving each other and raising children until they are ready to leave the nest and start their own families. After marriage, a whole other life begins. I'm blasted sixteen years old and I love thinking about marriage..not just my own, but the actual idea of getting hitched. In just about all the Disney movies, a "happily ever after" ending consists of the princess or heroine smoochin her stud. She in a gorgeous gown. He in a smashing suit. In the foxy Robin Hood's case...tights. I could really care less when people say that life isn't a fairy tale, or rather, a Disney movie. I love to think of mine as one-just another thing that makes me happy.
So here I am,
looking at wedding magazines with dog eared pages from the past week,
dreaming.
Besides, a dream is a wish your heart makes.

1 comment:

  1. lana. i love it when you quote disney. because it means i'm not alone. haha. <3 you.

    ReplyDelete