Saturday, August 1, 2009

Philadelphia Freedom

   I never thought it'd be possible to attend a concert containing two musical geniuses. I certainly couldn't contain myself the whole night. Billy Joel and Elton John. The piano gods. The concert was held in Citizens Bank Park-The Phillies stadium. So when Elton started playing the train like chords and started with "I used to  be a Rolling Stone, you know..." the stadium caused as much pandemonium as the blessed day the Phillies won the World Series. I'm pretty sure that if Elton John was living during 1776 he would have been the first one to sign the Declaration of Independence. Even though he's from England, Philadelphia Freedom would have been the nation's anthem. The song conveyed absolute freedom. Everyone was on their feet when it began, and whether you were drunk out of your pants or completely healthy, you were belting the chorus. "Philadelphia Freedom, I love you...yes I do."

No comments:

Post a Comment