There have been several excuses that have shoved me away from my blog, and my blog from me. Unfortunately, these "excuses" include busy-ness, laziness, and the excuse I despise most...nothing to blog about.
However, the inner-bloggette within me has been knocking--no--pounding at my mind's door, yearning to let some things out. "Fan club," I'd like you to meet the Lana-Bloggette. She wants to share a few things with you.
Gratitude has taken a deeper, more meaningful path for me since the new year [it's only been a couple weeks, I know]. See, President Henry B. Eyring, challenged us a few years ago to find something to be grateful for every. single. day. It is far from difficult, as several people, I hope, can imagine. I knew taking on this challenge would be worth it, but although it has only been a couple of weeks, my life has completely changed. The most difficult part in this challenge is finding room in my life to place all of the blessings that have been poured into it.
I have brought a separate challenge upon myself within this challenge: find something different to be grateful for everyday. Though I thank my Heavenly Father daily for the Famous, Repetitive F's (food, family, friends), I have tried to thank Him for something different each day, or if I do thank Him for one of the F's, I try to be as specific as possible. My gratitude for these things and people have been recorded. With this effort to record these, I have enjoyed searching for obscure, unnoticed things that I am so delighted to have in my life. For example...
January 2, 2011
I am grateful for nature and different cultures. It rained today, and I am so grateful for the rain. Our family watched "Dances with Wolves" last night and it made me so thankful for the beauty of the Native American culture. I love their unity with each other and with nature.
January 3, 2011
I am so grateful for cough drops. They soothed my cough a little bit, but they also just taste super good. I can't remember the last time I had a cough like this. But it's all good...because I have Halls' Tropical Blend cough drops. Mmmmmm. Yummo. :]
January 4. 2011
Today I am grateful for a comfy bed I can sleep in every night. Although not too much happened today, I'm super tired, and I am so glad I have a bed to return to at night. Nighty night.
Today, I am grateful I could let my thoughts out to play for a little.
But we'll be back.
No comments:
Post a Comment