Wednesday, February 10, 2010

untitled.

today was supposed to be dedicated to homework and papers. but for the first time in a long time, i dedicated my day to sleeping. and watching. and listening. and thinking. mostly thinking.

if this happened any other day, I might have said the day was wasted, with me doing nothing..nothing meaning i thought about zippering open the bookbag, but it just didnt happen. but today was almost like a summer day...not weather-wise, of course, rather the relaxation part. I woke up at ten and helped mom make a massive breakfast for the fam and the regulars at the house...david and bro rowley. I cut and peeled mangoes as mom and I talked. i felt like a mom, hanging out with mine. I think I may have even said some of those lame "mom" jokes. actually. no. I'd never do that.

another thought. I'm pretty sure I know what song I want to dance to with my dad at my wedding.
"Three Times A Lady"
by lionel.
lionel richie.

and another thought. i miss treybo to extremes. he was in my dream the other night. we were in utah, and i think we were at some rugby event because I just remember seeing all of his rugby teammates and buddies everywhere. and he and I played catch with the rugby ball. and he was cracking jokes with me like he always does. I actually woke up elated since I was able to remember his facial expressions and hear trey's voice and laugh so vividly. but it didn't take too long for me to start missing him again.


I've been in an extremely happy mood all day...for several reasons. One of them being the person I spoke to on the phone last night for 5 1/2 hours. marcus corbitt makes me so happy. it's funny, because there are all of these short random memories I have of seeing him or being with him or saying things to him when I was much much younger. but not until the past few months (especially summer) have I really gotten to know him. see, he's got this thing going on where he's sometimes hard to read, but what I can read from just simply being around him is how good he is. and it's easy to tell. it's also easy for me to WANT to be better when I spend time with him. I don't mean that I'm completely altering my personality and who I am for him to notice me. not at all. but I simply want to improve in different aspects, knowing I can always do and be better. and knowing that he makes me feel this way makes me realize why I love being around him so much. Our relationship is genuinely simple. we talk. we laugh. we see each other for a few days one month. and then we wait another. it's hard sometimes, but we manage. plus, to show how great of a guy he is, he's going on a mission. and he will undoubtedly be a stud missionary. so this one is to whomever will be learning the gospel from Elder Corbitt, wherever you are in the world within the next few months...consider yourself lucky. very, very lucky.

1 comment:

  1. oh lana. when you get old like me those "mom" jokes just slip out... hahaahhaha :)

    ReplyDelete