So anyway, Treybo dropped my iPod in Mama's cup of Dr. Pepper. To tell you the truth, we both laughed after it happened. I figured that my infamous pod would pull through as it always has, but it didn't. How could this happen?! It got snow wedged up its plug while I was snowboarding, and it never stopped playing "Ain't Too Proud To Beg." My dog had the whole thing in the grinding of his teeth after dinner, and still played "Human" by Jon McLaughlin as well as The Killers. It even survived a rainstorm on the grass after the 4th of July while playing "America," you know, the soulful one by Ray Charles in The Sandlot. The Pod awoke to sprinklers one morning on the hammock and decided it could fight them off with Jack Johnson. No, it never paused....until the cup of Dr. Pepper.
I'm guessing you all think that I should yell at my brother and never forgive him for such an act. But I've actually taken on this theory of thinking about a situation before you say anything dumb. You may have heard of it before. So I did exactly that, and all has gone well so far. I told Treybo that my pod isn't working, and he apologized, and we both actually kind of chuckled about it. Who knows why. So I had a little revelation, if you want to call it that, today in Costco about my iPod situation. Mom was printing out pics for Trey's invitation to his farewell, in which he looks pretty stunning, and I wanted to go check out some new iPods in the store. I came to find that Costco had no iPods to be found, however, I was fortunate to stumble upon a massive table stacked with books. And that's when my new obsession was introduced.
I am very sorry about the DP iPod incident; however, this new obsession is fantastic.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I was laughing out loud while reading this. Not at your misery-- at your well formed story. It was hilarious. I love you.